Site Admin
Ingame name:: Eddow
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Warrior
Clan: Elysium

Video Contest

Post by Eddow » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:21 am

Hello everyone,

Ugaris is on the look-out for enthusiastic people willing to make videos. These videos (if accepted) will be listed on our homepage under the videos tab. The best video/videos will certainly get a prize as well.

Best would be if the video was in English, but due to the many natures of origin of our players, certain translated versions are allowed!

Videos can be about anything, quests, npcs, spawns, events, etc. etc. Especially the higher level content (Arkhata/caligar for example) do lack allot of video documentation.

In order to provide the video, make sure it is not more then 50MB large, and feel free to upload it to youtube/vimeo etc. But make sure to include a link to ugaris in the video or description!

Happy filming!

Ryff
Freelance Dragonkiller

Re: Video Contest

Post by Ryff » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:47 pm

If you want decent quality videos it will be very hard if not impossible to keep it under 50Mbs, My 2 minute .PAk tutorial video is 845Mbs at 720p.

Eddow
Site Admin

Post by Eddow » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:59 am

That's because it is not encoded Ryff, it's most likely raw video. If you use windows media editor (or something alike), or even most recording programs support encoding it nowadays.

Ryff
Freelance Dragonkiller

Post by Ryff » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:46 pm

That is encoded, the raw file is 3.8Gbs i use sony vegas pro 12 for my editing, mastering and encoding

Eddow
Site Admin

Post by Eddow » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:00 am

Ryff wrote:That is encoded, the raw file is 3.8Gbs i use sony vegas pro 12 for my editing, mastering and encoding
Must be some sick quality then, because when I used to record 720p, I never got higher then 100mb with proper encoding for videos approximately 10 minutes long.

Ryff
Freelance Dragonkiller

Post by Ryff » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:46 pm

When i get home from my internship tonight Ill Post the settings i use.. Maybe you know of something better to use.