Future of Hardcore..

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Egg
Ventured in to aston
Ingame name:: EggFace
Sex: Male
Class: Mage

Future of Hardcore..

Post by Egg » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:37 pm

Been a bit of a debate about this in-game.. perhaps a topic on this could help to run through some ideas about what Ugaris has planned for HC.

Freya mentioned in-game about some changes. These are not set in stone and just ideas I think at the moment. She mentioned that:

1. 30% increase in EXP as apposed to the current 10%
2. Death will only drop 2 items so there is a greater chance you can make it back to your body.
3. HC max bases would be removed and they would be the same as SC.

I love playing HC characters now but even with these changes I think 30% is maybe still too low considering the risks involved with HC. Some things I would like to see implemented are:

1. Greater increase than 30%.
2. Set SC to have the same max bases as existing HC rather than removing the HC max bases. This would allow people to still do high level stuff with a SC but will just take them longer to get to that point.
3. Some sort of EXP bonus from LOE shrines for HC.
4. Some sort of balance with negs, as negs at high level are really tough to work off, I know that should be but they seem a bit much currently.

Anyway I know HC vs SC is a pretty passionate subject for some but maybe we can bash some ideas about in here and find a good balance.

Cheers,
Egg

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Freya
Sex: Female
Clan: Elysium

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by Freya » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:10 pm

My few cents on this.

1. No.
2. A good idea.
3. Not from the LOE shrines, but perhaps a different shrine which will only be for hc.
4. Unlikely, I rather implement more ways to redeem negs, like gold statue and red scroll.
Human Relations Manager

Egg
Ventured in to aston

Post by Egg » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Thanks for the comments, not even any chance of having it higher than 30%? :dance:

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer

Post by Freya » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Not in my opinion, but I am not the only one with the power to decide, perhaps you have more luck with eddow or tyrion.
Human Relations Manager

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:39 pm

Freya wrote:My few cents on this.

1. No.
2. A good idea.
3. Not from the LOE shrines, but perhaps a different shrine which will only be for hc.
4. Unlikely, I rather implement more ways to redeem negs, like gold statue and red scroll.
Red scroll doesn't remove negs, but there is another golden statue from turning in scrolls :)

Removing HC negs at lvl 52 took me an entire week of playing fyi

As for removing the 7 bases from hardcore, you might aswell remove hardcore from the game I just can't see why anyone would risk dying and get a huge amount of negs AND lose two items just because they level 30% faster

People may find hardcore unfair because they are stronger, but the more I think about it to try and find a solution, the more my answer goes to: Suck it up, if you want to be strong, take the risk and stop being a pussy

As for high end content, there's nothing stopping you from making it, the difference will be that a Hardcore character will do it several levels earlier compared to a softcore one, but I don't see why this would be a bad thing? Playing Hardcore is a risk so it should get the reward

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight
Class: Arch-Seyan

Post by Bloodknight » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:06 pm

i'm wondering if ugaris admin are going to roll over, and give all sort of concessions demanded by entitled players, LOE shrines are the one and only difference between SC and HC, you can talk about death and all that stuff but you have to be some kind of special idiot to die on a high level HC, so death is not even a factor.

the 10% kill exp is roughly the same as the LOE shrines, at higher levels the kill exp exceeds the exp gained by LOE, simply because this system was added when a level cap was being considered.

oh and for anybody else who does math out there work out how much exp a SC needs to earn and spend before they have the same stats as a HC.
30% is beyond generous, adding a HC only shrine is beyond stupidity, whoever idea that was should leave ugaris and go to a3res.

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Bloodknight wrote:i'm wondering if ugaris admin are going to roll over, and give all sort of concessions demanded by entitled players, LOE shrines are the one and only difference between SC and HC, you can talk about death and all that stuff but you have to be some kind of special idiot to die on a high level HC, so death is not even a factor.

the 10% kill exp is roughly the same as the LOE shrines, at higher levels the kill exp exceeds the exp gained by LOE, simply because this system was added when a level cap was being considered.

oh and for anybody else who does math out there work out how much exp a SC needs to earn and spend before they have the same stats as a HC.
30% is beyond generous, adding a HC only shrine is beyond stupidity, whoever idea that was should leave ugaris and go to a3res.
I've done that math, a level 200 Softcore = 186 Hardcore

As for dying on high level requires you to be an idiot? People make mistakes, if you or anyone else didn't make any mistake ever, we would live in utopia and everyone would play hardcore - Is this true? Nope

Also I'm not asking for HC shrines - I find them a dumb idea, what I want is something that says: You took the hard way, here's your reward
What you guys want is: You took the hard way, you got here first, grats, now go away so I can congrats the Softcore player who slightly behind you and that's asuming you didn't make a single mistake(aka died) on hardcore because otherwise the softcore person will reach the endpoint before you...

Conclusion: want benefit of hardcore gone? => remove hardcore completely, don't keep some half ass thing that's not getting used
Last edited by Fred on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Egg
Ventured in to aston

Post by Egg » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:47 pm

Bloodknight, no-one is demanding anything, just opening up a thread to discuss different solutions.. that is all. Also the idea about the HC shrines was Freya's and I can't see her quitting Ugaris to go play a3res :P

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer

Post by Freya » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Yea, Ugaris for life lol.
Human Relations Manager

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight
Class: Arch-Seyan

Post by Bloodknight » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:53 pm

if you believe in HC remove SC, take away saves and set everyone flags.

alternatively remove the stat bonus, the bonus exp and LOE shrines since they are the contentious issue (well they arent but ---)

(the remainder of this post has been edited away by Freya due to being anything but on topic.)