Bring back our girls

Discussions of Political and/or religious nature or content go here and nowhere else.

Moderator: Forum Manager

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Freya
Sex: Female
Class: Mage
Clan: Elysium

Bring back our girls

Post by Freya » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:24 pm

This has basically become a hastag... #BringBackOurGirls.

A Month and a half ago 200+ girls were abducted by the terrorist organization Boko Haram.
Despite military, intelligence and financial aid from USA, UK and others, Nigeria military still has done nothing say from claiming they "Know where the girls are".

What do you think is really going on?
Human Relations Manager

Dealer
Demonslayer
Sex: Male

Re: Bring back our girls

Post by Dealer » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:07 am

To be honest most of North Africa is corrupt and nobody truly knows what goes on over there. I think the Nigerian Army knew the entire time about where at least these girls were going to which was probably sexual slavery or marriage. The fact it took them 2 months to respond to US and UK and France assistance shows they don't even care.

That terrorist organization Boko Haram and the government in Nigeria work together in certain ways just like the Taliban and Al Qaeda work with Pakistan. Yet nobody speaks about this in the mainstream media.

Sadly I feel many people are misinformed about how easily these governments can become corrupt. It's all about money at the end of the day for these people.

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer

Post by Freya » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:01 pm

I Think you have a valid point, Nigeria is on the receiving end of a lot of financial aid, to openly support or even sympathize with Boko Haram would halter this main source of government income.
The conflict however, has become a reason for Western countries to provide more material aid.
Human Relations Manager

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Yeah apparently 3 Boko Haram attacks upon the civilian population went unanswered by the Nigerian Army despite civilian calls for help. I think it's safe to say Boko Haram is working in some way with the Nigerian Army.

I'd actually like to see the civilians pick up rifles and fight their military and the terrorist organization off all together themselves. If anyone should be getting aid it should not be the government, military, or Boko Haram(they get funding regardless sadly) instead it should be the people. Supply the people with weapons and equipment.

At least it's better that way than having a government that endlessly lies to the civilian population is swears to protect.

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer

Post by Freya » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Not sure if giving the civilians arms would help, there is a lot of tribal and religious tension in the country, they will end up creating a full scale civil war.
Human Relations Manager

Sealav
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Sealav
Class: Arch-Seyan

Post by Sealav » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:15 pm

They are bound to enter a civil war anyway and if keeping on the current path they will kill their entire way of life

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:37 am

Freya wrote:Not sure if giving the civilians arms would help, there is a lot of tribal and religious tension in the country, they will end up creating a full scale civil war.
Yeah it would become Syria, though it's probably destined to happen anyways in the path they are headed now.
I wrote that when I was in rage mode so...thats why it was so hardcore about them civ's doing the fighting.

The middle east is mainly Islamic, and violent, and is it a coincidence that north Africa also has a majority of Islamic principles and they are also violent? Hmmm...

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer

Post by Freya » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:57 am

Well in these African countries, I assure you, the Christian militias are just as violent as the Muslim. It is really not a one bad vs one good religion down there, just pure havoc.
Human Relations Manager

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Freya you always have a great counter argument for me. :twisted:
You are right on that one for sure though. I just like to center out the Muslims in North Africa. I've had some bad experience working for them, the middle eastern muslims, here in the USA.

A bit off topic but years ago I worked at a car lot, owned by a Pakistani, from open to close (9:30am-6pm) mon-sat for $150 per week to wash all 30-35 cars at the lot everyday in the middle of summer. So basically I have a deep resentment towards their culture.
This guy was so crooked he had me change the reading on odometers, rig maintenance on the cars, lie on contracts, all so the low income people that would come into this car lot(it was a bad part of town) would sign the contract and end up paying for a car that breaks down once they leave the lot. That literally happened once there, they just paid and drove and the car died at the red light on our street. They are a poor quality of people that just want money.

And it really bothered me that he had a friend who was not a citizen here in the USA but she was given a job at, a very good company, Schlumberger. It seems USA just hands everything to these people.

Then after that job, this was a bit of a coincidence but I was in bad circumstances that I could not control, I ended up working at a restaurant owned by an old Syrian guy. I'll save you the details unless your interested but I had some really horrible experiences there as well. This restaurant had no health standards at all. None of the illegal Mexicans wore gloves, hats/hair nets, or any thing like that. I reported them and as soon as the health department walked in, the manager ran into the kitchen and told everyone she was here before she came in so that they had time to hide all the violations of health standards. And now that I look back I noticeably was worked harder than everyone else and I was also the only one paid below the minimum wage.
I was paid $20 per lunch shift which was 9am-1:30pm. If you break it down it's like $3-4 per hour and I can't believe I'm a white guy in this country and all this was actually happening.
On the news all I ever hear is minorities complaining about being walked over by white people but it's not always that way and that is the part that the mainstream media does not report on. So it really angered me hearing them complain and have people feel sorry for them and then I get hostile treatment by every Mexican I work with because I am the white guy in the kitchen.

I just wanted to clarify to you, with a few minor details, why I personally do not like Muslims or Middle Eastern's. It's not because I'm some racist dick but I actually have had very poor experience with them and they have always taken advantage of my past unfortunate circumstances.
Last edited by Dealer on Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer

Post by Freya » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:08 pm

It is clear we have very different experiences, for my part there has been a mix of both really good and really bad ones. I'd like to believe it has given some balanced insight.
And I assure you, I'm not the one to poll the racist card the fastest, had way to many people polling it at me for no good reason.
Human Relations Manager