obama

Discussions of Political and/or religious nature or content go here and nowhere else.

Moderator: Forum Manager

Sealav
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Sealav
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Seyan

Re: obama

Post by Sealav » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Dealer wrote:
It is common ignorance like this that keeps this world in such a violent and hostile situation.
Could you explain the middle east, more specifically Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, and Pakistan?
They are all Muslim there and they have some of the most violent radical groups in the world.

I definitely disagree that our "ignorant posts" cause violence. We are just talking...

But then again, I, at least for my posts, was only speaking of the Muslims I've worked with and then the examples that have been made in the Middle East. It's obvious not all are radicals.
I think the main problem is people don't speak out about how they are feeling. It's not so much the chats like this but the people who hold it in don't say anything then explode taking their anger out on a certain group instead of the person or set people who wronged then

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Yeah exactly like I said it's healthy to speak about controversial topics. Especially when people start disagreeing, but often the anger takes over and a mutual agreement is never made Lol

Sealav
Demonslayer

Post by Sealav » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Anger comes out because no one truly wants compromise they want to win

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Man your speaking nothing but the truth

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Some of the kindest people I've known were Muslims. There is a big difference depending on geography, sect, and local culture. Most Muslims in the US believe in the very moderate wing of the religion (except for those recruiting in prisons, that is a more angry branch). The middle east is poor, uneducated, and the fights are more tribal than sectarian, the lines we drew for nations don't fit their tribes, so the different tribes fight for power over themselves, and therefore their neighbors who are different. This is all bad news.

If you look at pictures of middle-eastern countries from 1990-1995 most of them could pass for western countries. A good part of this is our fault. We supported theocratic warlords to keep communists out of power.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:30 pm

As for compromise, I can say one thing, the Republicans haven't compromised on anything the past 6 years. Even the most laughable budget proposals they put forth we didn't just end up conceding to, we went further in their direction. The austerity is hurting millions of people.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Sealav
Demonslayer

Post by Sealav » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:14 am

I don't disagree that our country has a lot of problems. In fact I feel that my vote does very little good anymore. We are slowly moving twords a path that will only lead to more war but instead of with another country it'll be between our neighbors

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:01 am

Sealav wrote:I don't disagree that our country has a lot of problems. In fact I feel that my vote does very little good anymore. We are slowly moving twords a path that will only lead to more war but instead of with another country it'll be between our neighbors
I agree on this 100%. And yes it does seem our votes do relatively nothing. I mean look somehow Obummer got elected twice.

platinum
Freelance Dragonkiller
Ingame name:: Platinum
Clan: Elysium

Post by platinum » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Masy wrote: It is common ignorance like this that keeps this world in such a violent and hostile situation.

or is it the muslims beheading everybody?
The Team, The Team, The Team. -Bo Schembechler

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:39 pm

platinum wrote:
Masy wrote: It is common ignorance like this that keeps this world in such a violent and hostile situation.

or is it the muslims beheading everybody?
Strong possibility. *subtle*