lq abuse

Everything random that does not belong elsewhere.

Moderator: Forum Manager

Ryff
Freelance Dragonkiller
Sex: Male

Re: lq abuse

Post by Ryff » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:01 am

I had no way to prove it other than my brother said he would admit it.. in my eyes being a student of business and legal matters a confession in and of itself is not enough proof. anyone can admit to something but it does not prove they did it. I have spoken to zak and i will still help him with dev stuff if he needs it. I may well return to ugaris some day but for now i feel its better if i focus on finishing school and finding a job first. No hard feelings towards anyone. :violin:

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:44 am

Eddow wrote:
Fred wrote:
Freya wrote:Because Ryff said it was his brother and not him who was using the account. He said he would figure it out and I did not want to soil his name in case he was innocent. He may very well be, but has obviously abandoned the quest of finding proof as he deleted his character.
How can he provide proof? Shouldn't you be the ones who do this using server connection logs?
We provided proof his characters were involved, it was up to him to proof that it "was not him". Apparently he had no way to proof that, and deleted his character anyhow.
I thought it was "innocent until proven guilty" not the other way around?
Like say my brother did something to my account, how on earth would I have to proof that it wasn't me? Ask statements from eye witnesses that swear I was with them at the time of the "crime" ?

Valadez
Has killed many golems
Class: Arch-Mage

Post by Valadez » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Players should be solely responsible for their own accounts. If they allow others to use their accounts and those others break rules then the responsibility for those actions should be on the account holder.
Staffers oughtn't be sharing accounts anyway. The person made staffer is the one trusted with the responsibilities that brings, not the people they share with and they should take steps to make sure others can't access their account to prevent things like this happening.

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Freya
Sex: Female
Class: Mage
Clan: Elysium

Post by Freya » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Agreed.
Human Relations Manager

Eddow
Site Admin
Ingame name:: Eddow
Class: Arch-Warrior
Clan: Elysium

Post by Eddow » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Valadez wrote:Players should be solely responsible for their own accounts. If they allow others to use their accounts and those others break rules then the responsibility for those actions should be on the account holder.
Staffers oughtn't be sharing accounts anyway. The person made staffer is the one trusted with the responsibilities that brings, not the people they share with and they should take steps to make sure others can't access their account to prevent things like this happening.
Yep, this. Couldn't put it in better words myself.