Github Organization

Having trouble? Here is a place for discussing builds, quest guides, arena strategies and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Manager

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Seyan

Github Organization

Post by Bloodknight » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:53 pm

https://github.com/AstoniaDev

I have set up a github organisation called AstoniaDev for people to join in on collabrative astonia projects. I have added at the moment both mine and astragons publicly hosted versions of the files published by ishtar.

I have plans to publicly post some of the projects ive been working on. If anybody has any astonia based stuff they have been working on and are willing to share a copy so other people can work on it let me know via PM.

If you have a github acct and wish to join the organisation PM me with your github username and i will add you. Currently all new members are assigned to the tools dev team and have write access to the repositories there. I am looking in the future to select some other trusted and responsible devs to become owners and administrators of the organisation so that they can also add new users and repositories.

the organisation can be found using the link at the top

if you dont have a github account downloading is easy, select the project you want to download and on the right hand side there is a download zip option.

Valadez
Has killed many golems
Class: Arch-Mage

Re: Github Organization

Post by Valadez » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:52 pm

I really need to figure out this GitHub thing. Got a bunch of various things I've worked on that I'm happy to share.

Eddow
Site Admin
Ingame name:: Eddow
Class: Arch-Warrior
Clan: Elysium

Post by Eddow » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Astragons publicly hosted versions? Are those not exactly the same as ishtars?

Eddow
Site Admin

Post by Eddow » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Valadez wrote:I really need to figure out this GitHub thing. Got a bunch of various things I've worked on that I'm happy to share.
And yes you should =) Have you not worked with GIT before? It's awesome. We use it for development of client/website/server all together.

Valadez
Has killed many golems

Post by Valadez » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:17 pm

No Sir. I'm pretty clueless with it.

So I've got code here that adds the ability for people to choose what clan number they want their clan to be when making a clan. I've modified three files for it. Would I literally just upload those files as they are or do I only upload the changes or what?

Eddow
Site Admin

Post by Eddow » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:38 pm

I suggest doing some read up on it valadez, I could guide you on skype if you'd like. But the manual is a good start.

Basically it tracks EVERYthing you do, allows you to add messages, and merge files from people all in one big pile of code. It's pretty awesome and it's necessary when working with a team on code

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:08 am

The more you go through the test or Ugaris, the more differences between it and Astragon's code become apparent. They aren't big, mostly tiny changes, but they are certainly there.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Valadez
Has killed many golems

Post by Valadez » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight

Post by Bloodknight » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:44 pm

Exekiel wrote:The more you go through the test or Ugaris, the more differences between it and Astragon's code become apparent. They aren't big, mostly tiny changes, but they are certainly there.
and you have astragons code how? :p

Eddow
Site Admin

Post by Eddow » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Valadez wrote:Is this okish?
https://github.com/Valadez601/Astonia-3.0
Close =)

In general, you "clone/fork" a repository, make changes to it, and push it. This way EXACTLY all changes you made to files, to get what you wanted done, will be shown in a "commit". This can then be merged in to a branch.

If that makes sense to you.