Future of Hardcore..

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Fred
Demonslayer
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:04 am
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by Fred » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Freya wrote:Not sure if people entirely understand the level balance issue of higher level quests.

If a quest is designed for sc, that will mean that a hc player will be able to complete it at a much lower level, thus gaining a whole lot more exp, even if keeping within "safe" playing. This will defeat the purpose of hc advantage being in the stats to begin with, as they suddenly become faster levelers... Which is what we are going for.
On the other hand, countering this with the implementation of stricter min level caps will still just mean that hc can run through the quests way too fast. And like a breeze, the whole "challenge" hc is supposed to be is gone. Repeatable quests will just make it even worse.
Sorry but what do you mean by "hardcore will be able to complete it earlier and get more experience"??

Quests give X amount of experience, doesn't matter if you complete it at level 5 or 100

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 8:20 pm
Ingame name:: Freya
Sex: Female
Class: Mage
Clan: Elysium

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by Freya » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:33 am

X amount of experience is a higher % of level the earlier you get it.
Human Relations Manager

Fred
Demonslayer
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:04 am
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by Fred » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:28 am

Freya wrote:X amount of experience is a higher % of level the earlier you get it.
So? That doesn't mean you're leveling faster, because you can only get X amount of experience

What you're saying is basicly this: If we build a quest hub for lvl 100s, then a hardcore character can do that quest hub at lvl 90 and level to 94. A softcore can do it at level 100 and level to 102 but the experience both got is still the same... (just using some random numbers here dunno the exact exp needed for lvl 90->94 & 100->102)

This doesn't mean that the hardcore leveled faster at all from the quest! He did get 10% more exp from killing mobs but that's it

Honestly, leave hardcore as it is or just remove it. I don't think there's gonna be any solution that both hardcore & softcore players will accept

User avatar
Sauron
Site Admin
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:00 pm
Ingame name:: Viperous
Sex: Male
Class: Warrior

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by Sauron » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:42 pm

The problem is that you set a lvl min for the quest. Lets say lvl 100.

The HC char will be bored because he is much stronger than a sc char at lvl 100.

The SC char will just be about right and it should be a challenge. As its designed.


If you lets say set the quest min level at lvl 90 because the HC.


The HC char will be jusg right and can do the Quest with challenge. And get high ammount of exp (relative to lvl) because the quest is desig ed for lvl 100.

The SC char willl get the quest but there is no way he can do that because he is weaker. This will be very frustrating and missleads the player to content that is too strong.



So eigher way it wil be hard. Me for myself am not sure about this topic. If the plan is to grow in content over time the current HC/SC system is not possible.

I habe to think about good solutions myself...


Sent from mobile.

User avatar
punk
Has killed many golems
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:37 pm
Ingame name:: Punk
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Mage
Clan: A.B.M.S aka All By My Self

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by punk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:33 pm

HC vs SC

I think its a unfair advantage. If a level 50 hc can kill a level 55/60 hc with little efforts.

I dont think strength wise they should be stronger until they reach max base. Like 107/122 ? When the hc hits 108 is when it should make a difference.
This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure, 50% percent pain,and a 100% reason to remember my name.

Sir Punk the Braveless

Fred
Demonslayer
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:04 am
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by Fred » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:06 pm

punk wrote:HC vs SC

I think its a unfair advantage. If a level 50 hc can kill a level 55/60 hc with little efforts.

I dont think strength wise they should be stronger until they reach max base. Like 107/122 ? When the hc hits 108 is when it should make a difference.
And exactly how is a level 50 hardcore stronger? You don't reach 100 base until 68+ (unless you rush one stat making you really weak in other stats)

User avatar
punk
Has killed many golems
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:37 pm
Ingame name:: Punk
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Mage
Clan: A.B.M.S aka All By My Self

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by punk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:22 pm

This is why I asked at what level does the hardcore beat out the softcore.

All this talk about hc being stronger. So if I make 2 chars 1hc 1sc, both level 68 they would be about equal? Until the hard core raised base past 107?
This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure, 50% percent pain,and a 100% reason to remember my name.

Sir Punk the Braveless

Fred
Demonslayer
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:04 am
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by Fred » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Sauron wrote:The problem is that you set a lvl min for the quest. Lets say lvl 100.

The HC char will be bored because he is much stronger than a sc char at lvl 100.

The SC char will just be about right and it should be a challenge. As its designed.


If you lets say set the quest min level at lvl 90 because the HC.


The HC char will be jusg right and can do the Quest with challenge. And get high ammount of exp (relative to lvl) because the quest is desig ed for lvl 100.

The SC char willl get the quest but there is no way he can do that because he is weaker. This will be very frustrating and missleads the player to content that is too strong.



So eigher way it wil be hard. Me for myself am not sure about this topic. If the plan is to grow in content over time the current HC/SC system is not possible.

I have to think about good solutions myself...


Sent from mobile.
But that's not just for Hardcore softcore, that's for all classes: Some quests are a joke for mages, but pain for melee and other way around...

As for good solutions, there are none, this is the reason why Ishtar made 3.5 in the first place...

User avatar
punk
Has killed many golems
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:37 pm
Ingame name:: Punk
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Mage
Clan: A.B.M.S aka All By My Self

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by punk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:28 pm

What is the difference between hc on 3.0 and 3.5?
This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure, 50% percent pain,and a 100% reason to remember my name.

Sir Punk the Braveless

Fred
Demonslayer
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:04 am
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Re: Future of Hardcore..

Post by Fred » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:43 pm

punk wrote:This is why I asked at what level does the hardcore beat out the softcore.

All this talk about hc being stronger. So if I make 2 chars 1hc 1sc, both level 68 they would be about equal? Until the hard core raised base past 107?
They would be equal until level 70+ after that Hardcore seyans will go 101 in a stat and a softcore will still be at 100
And this is only for seyans, since mages & warriors are 115 SC / 122 hc

Post Reply