About thief

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Ark
This is most obviously a Newbie

About thief

Post by Ark » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:15 pm

I have assembled a Thief and apparently that profession does not work .. what happens? or is it that the profession no longer be available?
And now that I've spent time and money buying the profession .. I'm gonna do? I hope to see the matter
thank you

Valadez
Has killed many golems
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Mage

Re: About thief

Post by Valadez » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Thief gives a Stealth and Perception bonus equal to the amount of points in Thief.
You can turn on thief mode with /thief. While in thief mode the stealth bonus is doubled, stealth works even when directly next to NPCs or player characters and your endurance drains constantly. If you attack while in thief mode it's automatically turned off.
Even with thief mode you still need to have high enough stealth to be able to remain in stealth when directly next to NPC or player characters.

Ark
This is most obviously a Newbie

Post by Ark » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:06 am

Well .. I had alts in OW thief, and you're right .. but I think that having 30 pps in thief and Stealth 40 points .. a player with 0 of perception can see me no problems .. that is why I investigate whether this or not working the profession of thief ..

Valadez
Has killed many golems
Class: Arch-Mage

Post by Valadez » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Can you provide more information than that? What exactly is your stealth mod and what's the perception mod is the target? If it's an NPC what NPC?

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight
Class: Arch-Seyan

Post by Bloodknight » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:24 pm

if i remember correctly you need stealth to be kile 90 or more higher than perc to be able to stand next to somebody in thief, all thief does really is moves the 2 space away check and moves it to 1 space. you still need massive stealth to pull it off. Thief was never intended to a guarantee that you would be able to hide from everyone