Hardcore and max bases

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Mastertrader
Fought the Demons

Re: Hardcore and max bases

Post by Mastertrader » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:19 pm

im fine with the 25% quest/mission/kill exp and the othere Bonuses as a Hc, if there is also than a change to the ptms i dont feel like ptm weapon or armor 10 times to get 110 of each where a sc warrior dosent even need
1 ptm to reach them :).

Tyce
Fought the Demons
Ingame name:: Tyce
Sex: Male
Class: Mage

Post by Tyce » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:34 pm

I don't like ptm. Small mini quests to raise or just allowing linear progression of stats would be better IMO.

Fred you'll get those seven bases sooner AND faster via penting with exp bonus!

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:39 pm

Tyce wrote:I don't like ptm. Small mini quests to raise or just allowing linear progression of stats would be better IMO.

Fred you'll get those seven bases sooner AND faster via penting with exp bonus!
Well only if they aren't removed when I get 90 :p

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Class: Arch-Seyan
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:59 pm

Jesus guys, I have a few busy days and this is what I come on to??!?!?

How about this:
SC = 10 Saves, Regular Exp, No EQ loss on death, 40 Negs on death.
HC = 0 Saves, +20% Exp from all, +15% Mil Exp, 250 Negs on death, No EQ loss on death. AND extra 0.0001 more exp per level
ALL: PTM removed, Max bases 115 until Sir/Lady, 155 afterwards. Neg structure changed
de-HC shrine added to Aston.
Given option to go HC anytime before arching. You lose all saves, get 250 new style negs and you're converted.
(didn't realize you had to so early, now if we don't change anything Evivy will suck at higher levels even though I wanted to go HC post seyan).

Hear me out here. Any EQ loss on death messes you up REALLY bad, especially if you only have 1-3 good items to begin with. Ivy is hardcore and I can't play her, she has no EQ and 730 negs after 2 LQs and extreme amounts of penting. If it wasn't for the EQ loss, that only would have been 250 negs, the extra 500 were in getting my body back and I barely managed that. EQ loss is enormous and absolutely wrong.

BUT - if they fix the EQ system like we were talking about, like NW WITHOUT REPAIR, then I think we can tolerate 1 EQ item (not weapon) loss on death. 2 if stone drop rates increased and orbs spawn in 2-3 weeks instead of 4.

Negs are necessary to make death sufficiently punative, but negs are structured wrong. Exp per level increases so fast that negs that take 5 minutes to get rid of at lvl 10 take 5 months to get rid of at lvl 110. Instead of being related to exp per level, they should grow at the same rate as pent exp grows at per level. This means they always take the same amount of time to get rid of, are enormously annoying and punative, but don't ruin charcters.

The main bases aren't all that is important for a strong Character. The side attributes make you more powerful too. When I seyaned Evivy she killed GK in 9 hits. If I tried that with lower BC, SS, AS, WS, I would have been destroyed. Even regen would have let me WC up to 4 times during the match had it gone on longer instead of just 2. So you get more powerful still. So by giving HC characters that slight increase in exp per level, they are slightly stronger, but not as much as they would be from increased bases. Seyans already get 1.3 exp per level to warr/mage 1.1666667 or something like that, if HC became 1.301 and 1.168 for HC, there would be a notable difference at high levels in total experience, but only a very slight advantage. High level content would still be possible and simple.

NOW, is this something we can all agree on? Anybody have changes to make? Lets try to reach consensus instead of hissing and arching our backs at one another, mmmm-kay?
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:16 am

could you give some numbers on your 0.001 exp per level increase for hardcore? Cause you're also suggesting 155 max bases

Exekiel
Demonslayer

Post by Exekiel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:50 am

I really don't know, but I can say that on my test server increasing exp per level by 0.1 lead to absurdly strong characters at lvl 24 I was in 26 pents without eq. 0.001 is cumulative per level. So think an extra 0.1% experience per level after 2 levels is an extra .21, then .33, then .47, then .61 then .77, .94, 1.13, 1.34, 1.57, 1.82, 2.10 etc.

So by lvl 12 you are already at an extra 2% experience per level. It REALLY ads up fast. Even that might be too high, it is exponential after all, so after 100 levels you are talking like an extra 100% exp for that level if not more. Might have to make it 0.0001, which would be an extra 10% exp PER LEVEL at lvl 100 and an extra 20% per level at 200. 0.00002 would be an extra 2% per level at lvl 100 and an extra 4% per level at lvl 200, which, across all those levels, is still a pretty large advantage, but not absurdly so.

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Got 249 negs at lvl 51 with 1 neg taking 2 solves to cure (or a lucky + solve), yea really hope that Hardcore remains worth it after I've gotten rid of these!

I can remove about 11negs/hour, so I'm gonna need 22 hours to be neg free!

Eddow
Site Admin
Ingame name:: Eddow
Class: Arch-Warrior
Clan: Elysium

Post by Eddow » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Fred wrote:Got 249 negs at lvl 51 with 1 neg taking 2 solves to cure (or a lucky + solve), yea really hope that Hardcore remains worth it after I've gotten rid of these!

Could have sworn your brother died, not you.

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Eddow wrote:
Fred wrote:Got 249 negs at lvl 51 with 1 neg taking 2 solves to cure (or a lucky + solve), yea really hope that Hardcore remains worth it after I've gotten rid of these!

Could have sworn your brother died, not you.
He did, but I'm the one penting most of them away since he kinda gave up right now

Exekiel
Demonslayer

Post by Exekiel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:53 am

So my last recommendation gives about 5 extra levels of exp by lvl 200 for HC over SC. That is a substantial amount. Plenty could be done with all that. Or even make it slightly higher. I don't care.

But are we in general agreement about the change in neg structure, SC, HC, HC on/off shrine in aston that comes with extremely heavy penalties for becoming HC, EQ, etc? I think the sooner we all agree, the sooner staff can get to fix these things before it becomes an issue of taking away existing bonuses and such.