Hardcore and max bases

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Re: Hardcore and max bases

Post by Fred » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Timber wrote:Gaining more exp is a bonus, just not one you like.

I'm sure we can let you become SC if you feel that playing as HC is not worth it anymore.
Except you forgot the endgame: At lvl 200, if a hardcore character dies it's 249 negs & loss of gear || Softcore at lvl 200 loses a save, where's the upside of hardcore now?
Emmy wrote:As I said in a previous post, I am sure a shrine can be put in Aston that would allow you to become SC again if the change is so bad to you...So, you REALLY lose NOTHING...after all you arent level 100 so you dont have extra bases to lose.
IF this "shrine" happens, I won't complain, but unless we get this option, I'm not gonna stop defending Hardcore
Emmy wrote:Your entire post says this ...I DONT CARE IF THE GAME DIES IN 6 MONTHS. I DONT CARE THAT NO ONE ELSE WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE HIGHER CONTENT. I DONT CARE IF THE GAME IS BALANCED. NONE OF THAT MATTERS TO ME ME ME...JUST GIVE ME ME ME WHAT I WANT OR IT ISNT FAIR.
Frankly, the most childish attitude ever.
Well who else is Hardcore? Myself, Aescullus & Mastertrader.... I have to shout out cause not a single dev is offering anything decent in return for the +7 bases, and stop trying to give us + exp or +mil exp or +mining, it facking sucks and is not worth the huge downside of having no saves...

I would also like it if you didn't try to win this argument by ridiculizing me as a baby... imo it's kinda sad that you need to fall down to these tactics instead of bringing good counter arguments/ideas that I can't shoot down

Here's my final thought: Why don't you make everyone go Hardcore? Just remove softcore from the game? That would solve all issues aswell!

Emmy
Ventured in to aston
Sex: Female
Class: Arch-Mage

Post by Emmy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Fred, you act like a child and throw temper tantrums because you are not getting what you want.
You clearly say you realize that YOU getting to keep HC will make it nearly or completely impossible to expand the game and then you clearly say you dont care as long as YOU get what YOU want.
I gave you very GOOD, valid, and indisputable reasons for WHY HC would destroy the game. What valid argument can be made to a childish display of "I want my goodies and I dont care what happens." If you feel insulted because you were called out for being immature and not caring about anyone but yourself and your wants. Then I am sorry for you.
Edd seems to me to be a VERY fair person and IF he decides to actually do what he said and remove the stat bonus... I feel very confident he would be a kind man and give you HC players a chance to go back to SC if you wanted to.

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:41 pm

Emmy wrote:Fred, you act like a child and throw temper tantrums because you are not getting what you want.
You clearly say you realize that YOU getting to keep HC will make it nearly or completely impossible to expand the game and then you clearly say you dont care as long as YOU get what YOU want.
I gave you very GOOD, valid, and indisputable reasons for WHY HC would destroy the game. What valid argument can be made to a childish display of "I want my goodies and I dont care what happens." If you feel insulted because you were called out for being immature and not caring about anyone but yourself and your wants. Then I am sorry for you.
Edd seems to me to be a VERY fair person and IF he decides to actually do what he said and remove the stat bonus... I feel very confident he would be a kind man and give you HC players a chance to go back to SC if you wanted to.
Let's make this clear for you:
Yes hardcore prevents balanced Endgame
Yes something needs to happen
No it can't be "remove the bases & give them a shitty exp bonus that doesn't even gets noticed now" without giving hardcore characters the option to go softcore and until we get confirmation from ALL gods that this is happening & this needs more info too, do we start with 0 saves? Do we get 1 Save / 5 levels or something?

Last of all, you see "not caring about anyone but myself" as a selfish thing, however if I didn't care, I wouldn't play, I wouldn't have told my friends to play again... So see this as me actually caring about the game

Ryff
Freelance Dragonkiller

Post by Ryff » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Id just like to add the fact that i have 2 hardcore alts that im working on :p

Valadez
Has killed many golems
Class: Arch-Mage

Post by Valadez » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Fred wrote:No it can't be "remove the bases & give them a shitty exp bonus that doesn't even gets noticed now" without giving hardcore characters the option to go softcore and until we get confirmation from ALL gods that this is happening & this needs more info too, do we start with 0 saves? Do we get 1 Save / 5 levels or something?
Nothing has been agreed upon with this. People are making suggestions for how to make it work with rough numbers. If you have a better idea than go ahead and suggest that instead of making such a huge fuss over it and assuming it's going to be implemented in a particular way.

Tyce
Fought the Demons
Ingame name:: Tyce
Class: Mage

Post by Tyce » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:09 pm

+25% mission, IAC, solve, cont, bribe, kill, quest exp is a lot!!!
Milk exp is nice until warlord!
Mining makes hc mining missions so fast and rewarding!

The point is you level faster because you have no saves.

I really dislike the comparison of during on a level 200 because, well, it is just silly!!!

However Fred I agree it is unfair to do this to people who felt they would get a stat bonus. But you are a seyan you already get the stat bonus! Also I have 2 hc mages!

I think the faster leveling pace for no saves is very well worth it. I wouldn't hate if 24
To nets was lowered to 80-100 just due to the amount of time spent getting back to ground 0.

I am all for allowing hc to switch back for 10 saves and maybe a set amt of exp based on level. But I also think all versions would be wise to remove any stat bonus.

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Tyce wrote:+25% mission, IAC, solve, cont, bribe, kill, quest exp is a lot!!!
Milk exp is nice until warlord!
Mining makes hc mining missions so fast and rewarding!

The point is you level faster because you have no saves.

I really dislike the comparison of during on a level 200 because, well, it is just silly!!!

However Fred I agree it is unfair to do this to people who felt they would get a stat bonus. But you are a seyan you already get the stat bonus! Also I have 2 hc mages!

I think the faster leveling pace for no saves is very well worth it. I wouldn't hate if 24
To nets was lowered to 80-100 just due to the amount of time spent getting back to ground 0.

I am all for allowing hc to switch back for 10 saves and maybe a set amt of exp based on level. But I also think all versions would be wise to remove any stat bonus.
We curently get +10% and tbh, I barely notice it when I was leveling with SC they pulled ahead just with LoE shrines, early levels, HC has no advantages

Mastertrader
Fought the Demons

Post by Mastertrader » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Fred wrote:We curently get +10% and tbh, I barely notice it when I was leveling with SC they pulled ahead just with LoE shrines, early levels, HC has no advantages
Maybe becourse hc´s just get the 10% on kills not on missions/iacs/rds/...

Tyce
Fought the Demons
Ingame name:: Tyce
Class: Mage

Post by Tyce » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:55 pm

And that is exactly why we are suggesting it be 25%

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Tyce wrote:And that is exactly why we are suggesting it be 25%
I get that, but +15% vs 7 bases is kinda sad if you picked Hardcore for the +7bases at the start...