Banking

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Class: Arch-Seyan
Clan: Poison

Banking

Post by Exekiel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:38 am

So the bank is more than just a safe place to rest gold.

You have the bank offer investment and loan accounts. People and clans can put money into the investment side, and then the bank lends it out to people who want to take out loans with interest rates of like 10% a day.If you don't pay up, you get beaten and mugged by two "thug" characters that hunt you down and beat you up (or the bank puts up a contract, death counts as Arena death but the gold goes to the bank). Lending limits based on level. Possible credit score integration, if you are ambitious.

Or you could just get -1 karma each day you are late a payment, this way you risk an account so you can't just make a throw away character to steal gold.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Dealer
Demonslayer
Sex: Male

Re: Banking

Post by Dealer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:59 am

This idea is very very nice. The only part I dislike is the karma part. A player shouldn't lose his character or account due to being a negligent casual.

Other than that damn, it sure would be sweet to be able to take loans out. :whistle:

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:38 am

Yea. As long as we do something to increase security of loans. I'm no good with SQL so I sure as hell couldn't program it, but I could line up the mathematics, credit algorithms, interest calculations, etc. Hell, we could even have interest rates linked to credit: the higher risk, the higher reward.

This would also make it easier to get professions, you just have to earn enough money with it to pay it back, or sit in jobby hard.

I personally would put a lot into investment accounts.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Freya
Class: Mage
Clan: Elysium

Post by Freya » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:41 am

this sounds very interesting indeed. I favor the suggestion of the bank putting up a warrant and then other players can hunt you down for a % reward. Making it riskier the more money you lend.
Human Relations Manager

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:22 am

Here's the flaw: Make another account, take a loan, give the gold to your main account, delete the alt one -> Free money :)

platinum
Freelance Dragonkiller
Ingame name:: Platinum

Post by platinum » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Fred wrote:Here's the flaw: Make another account, take a loan, give the gold to your main account, delete the alt one -> Free money :)
i thought of that. so i'm thinking make the loan amount for pre-arch players very small.
The Team, The Team, The Team. -Bo Schembechler

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:21 pm

platinum wrote:
Fred wrote:Here's the flaw: Make another account, take a loan, give the gold to your main account, delete the alt one -> Free money :)
i thought of that. so i'm thinking make the loan amount for pre-arch players very small.
It's primairly low levels that want money to buy gear

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Freya
Class: Mage

Post by Freya » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Ye, this is a problem. People always look for ways to abuse things. (Unfortunately)
Human Relations Manager

Sealav
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Sealav

Post by Sealav » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:43 pm

You could make it account bound where it's all your alts that are affected. Or program (sorry dev team) a credit card type thing where the money you borrow is on the card and the card is account bound.

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Sealav wrote:You could make it account bound where it's all your alts that are affected. Or program (sorry dev team) a credit card type thing where the money you borrow is on the card and the card is account bound.
I already said people will just make another account for this... It's a nice idea, but bad in practise