hirelings

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
platinum
Freelance Dragonkiller
Ingame name:: Platinum
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Seyan
Clan: Elysium

hirelings

Post by platinum » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:42 pm

i would like to see more quest that have "hirelings" like in FU. FU is probably my favorite quest because you get npc followers to help you fight. it's a added bonus that as you level in military rank, you get newer stronger helpers. I believe it would be fun for players to have access to hirelings in other quests aswell. for example, pents. let's say there is a npc in the pents that gives you his story about how he is searching for e,f,i,and h stones for his research, and in exchange for the stones you collect, you get to hire one of his bodyguards. the stones would be paid upfront, and you get a set time to use the helper. each bodyguard would have a different price. so a warrior could hire a mage helper to freeze/bless for him/her, a mage could hire a warrior helper to WC for him/her. etc. all the exp the hireling earns from killing would be awarded to you. (or not if you prefer). so basically your exchanging your stones for easier, funner penting. this could be extremely helpful especially now with there not being very many people penting and power levels being so high.

If you dont like the idea of a "pent helper" than i suggest more quests added with the "hireling" feature. one in cameron, one in aston, etc.
The Team, The Team, The Team. -Bo Schembechler

Tyce
Fought the Demons
Ingame name:: Tyce
Class: Mage

Re: hirelings

Post by Tyce » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:30 pm

I like this a lot.

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Me too, I mean FU has this and I LOVE that, IAC is pure underlings.

The next re-make of a map I want to make is one of FU where I make it the full 255x255 and make it more cave like, have it so that the hirelings level more frequently (and don't miss level ups if they happen to die), and created workers that keep stations running so that it is like a conquest, you activate all the stations and make headway in the underground so that you can then advance to IU. Maybe have it spawn personal FUs for people, but such that it saves the state of which stations are activated and rebuilds the activated map for you, maybe have golem blood permanently freeze lava for you, etc.

I was also thinking of making IAC way different and bigger, I mean, how are Islena's minions going to teleport out of the caves? It is just weird. I was thinking instead have a gigantic map, maybe split into a few areas, where you go on a conquest. You start small with a single spawner, and as you defeat Islena's many lieutenants you gain their resources, spawners, dead minions drop platinum, and eventually you lead your massive army against Islena's biggest bases and win, neutralizing the ice caves as a threat to the empire. I don't know if people would be a fan of that or not.

I'm also working on designing an eastern swamps. Maybe I'll toss something with hirelings in there.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

platinum
Freelance Dragonkiller
Ingame name:: Platinum
Clan: Elysium

Post by platinum » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:58 am

I like it zeke.
The Team, The Team, The Team. -Bo Schembechler

punk
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: Punk
Class: Arch-Mage
Clan: A.B.M.S aka All By My Self

Post by punk » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:19 pm

I think you should have commands for hirelings
/guard
/patrol
/fight
/retreat
/pot
/etc...

Also allow them to have a small inventory to store items, maybe even allow them to use potions if at risk of death

Was also thinking of a side kick of some kind, that are like pets
Could even give them a login/pw

So you can use them as a runner to go to a trader or activate your depot or bank.

Can have it in commands too
/follow (name)
/attack
/sell inventory
/buy (med combos)

Ill have to add more to this after work.
This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure, 50% percent pain,and a 100% reason to remember my name.

Sir Punk the Braveless

punk
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: Punk
Class: Arch-Mage
Clan: A.B.M.S aka All By My Self

Post by punk » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:20 pm

Pets

Icedemon
Fire
Hell etc...

Wolf
Bear
Creeper
This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure, 50% percent pain,and a 100% reason to remember my name.

Sir Punk the Braveless