Rage

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Freya
Advanced Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Freya
Sex: Female
Class: Mage
Clan: Elysium

Re: Rage

Post by Freya » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:04 pm

I think a glowing red pulsating hue will be more appropriate o.o. Would require a new animation though.
Human Relations Manager

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Class: Arch-Seyan
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:57 am

What about taking the current pulse graphics, making them red, and then making it go from just 1 ring, then 2, then 3, etc as you build up rage. Kinda lame.

Having you just glow kind of red would definitely be more fitting. Emit a faint red light. Something along those lines.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:03 am

Exekiel wrote:What about taking the current pulse graphics, making them red, and then making it go from just 1 ring, then 2, then 3, etc as you build up rage. Kinda lame.

Having you just glow kind of red would definitely be more fitting. Emit a faint red light. Something along those lines.
Yea the pulse animation would make it look very lame indeed & something on the ground won't have much effect if you are surrounded by ppl / npcs
Personally I would go for a rage bar below their "MS warcry one" unless someone comes up with a better idea

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Seyan

Post by Bloodknight » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:06 am

You also need to consider the semi frequently occurring pot not showing bug, this is due to too many effects on the player character, i haven't actually looked at the code with this particular bug in mind but there is a good chance this is easily fixable and would allow a rage effect to be added. The only reason i really mention it is because the bug destroys the visible bar too, but only if it has an active effect associated with it.