1-2 extra welds

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Korsakoff
Ventured in to aston
Ingame name:: Korsakoff
Sex: Female
Class: Arch-Seyan

Re: 1-2 extra welds

Post by Korsakoff » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Yea the gear system in NW was a huge leap forward imo

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Korsakoff wrote:Yea the gear system in NW was a huge leap forward imo
I hate everything from the gear system in NW, the repair sucks, the way you upgrade gear sucks since you are forced to make 3 penters for stones just to craft gear.

Now you need orbers but you can make those into spawners, which you can't do if you want efficient penters for stones. And gear doesn't just drop as +1

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Fred wrote:
Korsakoff wrote:Yea the gear system in NW was a huge leap forward imo
I hate everything from the gear system in NW, the repair sucks, the way you upgrade gear sucks since you are forced to make 3 penters for stones just to craft gear.

Now you need orbers but you can make those into spawners, which you can't do if you want efficient penters for stones. And gear doesn't just drop as +1
The idea of the gear system was good, the implementation was horrible. We could easily solve all of those things without much work.

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:37 pm

Timber wrote:The idea of the gear system was good, the implementation was horrible. We could easily solve all of those things without much work.
Please elaborate on what you would change?

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:52 pm

We could keep the higher + drops, welds, increase stone strength and drops, just to name a few.

Myself Im concerned about the concept that Im not allowed to just play 1 character and chill with that one, but that I have to keep making 4-5 characters just to be able to play 1 efficiently

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:46 pm

Yea likewise here, and don't forget the need to have a miner aswell! there's too many flaws in the NW system that I just want the old system to stay :)

Perhaps we could change some OW things? Remove Heal / Perception orbs from stands and just let jeremy sell those for 100g each or something

And maybe allow trading of weapon orbs so if you get a sword orb and you're a dagger mage, you can trade sword -> dagger
This would make H2H orbs & Staff orbs abit more useful

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:28 am

NW gear system was my LEAST favorite thing about it, and I hated NW with a passion. Having to repair gear is an absolute sick joke if you ask me. I agree with timber that we should just be able to chill on 1 character without having supporting characters, the need to build supporting characters is one of the games biggest weaknesses.

Maybe orbs, each estone adds plus 1 to the orb (fstone 2, etc), and then you choose the stat and pop it onto gear.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:29 am

If you guys make gear take damage and need repair, I swear to fucking god I'm leaving the game and never looking back.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight

Post by Bloodknight » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:50 am

Exekiel wrote:If you guys make gear take damage and need repair, I swear to fucking god I'm leaving the game and never looking back.
if you take fred with you i will pay eddow real honest to goodness british sterling to code that :p

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:58 am

Timber wrote:We could keep the higher + drops, welds, increase stone strength and drops, just to name a few.

Myself Im concerned about the concept that Im not allowed to just play 1 character and chill with that one, but that I have to keep making 4-5 characters just to be able to play 1 efficiently
I agree it angers me so much how NW required you to have 5-10 characters just to have 1 geared nicely. You SHOULD be able to play 1 character and do what you like.
NO to equipment needing repair and NO to a million stones!

I do like the Jobby idea of getting welds. Making a weld alt is a horror and to be honest, I won't even do that. :angry-banghead: