1-2 extra welds

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Emmy
Ventured in to aston
Sex: Female
Class: Arch-Mage

Re: 1-2 extra welds

Post by Emmy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Getting gear should not be the hard part..building that gear should be. Who cares if you could get great +1 duals and tri pieces as decently regular drops? The best you could then do is su/gu to +3 and even that would take either a decent amount of gold to buy su/gu, the time in mines to mine it...or the time in jobby? to get it?
So at best people could expect to get a somewhat decent +3 set IF they pented enough.
THEN they could use orbs to up it and stones to up it, both of which would still be time consuming.

Tyce
Fought the Demons
Ingame name:: Tyce
Sex: Male
Class: Mage

Post by Tyce » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Yesssss!

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Class: Arch-Seyan
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:10 am

Fine by me, stones, orbs up gear, NO repair, gear drops that are +1 1, 2, 3 stat items that are more common than gear now (by a long shot) perfect. Takes work, takes luck, sounds great.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Tyce
Fought the Demons
Ingame name:: Tyce
Class: Mage

Post by Tyce » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:40 am

I say let em drop 1-20 just like now.

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:22 am

I think drops could be 1-20 like they are now without any issues.

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight

Post by Bloodknight » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:52 pm

/me removes the fix that makes drops better

Durijin
Ventured in to aston

Post by Durijin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Emmy wrote: THEN they could use orbs to up it and stones to up it, both of which would still be time consuming.
How do you use stones to up gear? Have i really ben gone so long that Theres something ive completely missed?

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight

Post by Bloodknight » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Durijin wrote:
Emmy wrote: THEN they could use orbs to up it and stones to up it, both of which would still be time consuming.
How do you use stones to up gear? Have i really ben gone so long that Theres something ive completely missed?
simple answer yes :)

when NW was created a new system for making gear was devised to replace the current broken system, that system was to add stones to an orb to empower it and then use that to upgrade gear.

this explains it in more detail http://planetastonia.co.uk/node/9

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:18 pm

Bloodknight wrote:/me removes the fix that makes drops better
Yeah I think there needs to either be a balance here, or one or the other. How welds work will also be something to consider.

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:12 am

There has to be balance I agree, but Bloodknight has been like anti-balance, make it as difficult as possible and do things which make it nearly impossible to raise characters across several threads.

How many stones did it take to raise orbs and by how much? I mean, I've pented entire inventories of stones before and I'm not entirely clear on how much of a pain it would be there.

I'd say if we switch to the enhancement orb/stone system for gear, we need to make drops more frequent but lower in mod. Not necessarily +1, but like 5 lower than they are at any particular level, so that something has to be done with them and they aren't just instant uber-gear. Even then I kind of prefer the idea of having +1 drops and adding stones to orbs to enhance, so long as that didn't mean spending 200 hours in pents to make 1 new piece of gear. And since most drops are crap, even at +1, they could be made frequent enough that you actually have a chance of getting a dual or tri piece that is useful instead of 90% of the drops that are like Perception+TH+Warcry Staff and junk like that.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"