1-2 extra welds

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Seyan

Re: 1-2 extra welds

Post by Bloodknight » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:01 am

as far as welds, ive never really reconciled why NW has more welds yet NW gear needs less welds to make (well mostly if you got lucky with drops) more weld shrines makes sense, in fact we had planned many more in the course of extending RDs in multiple stages but oh well, stuff happens i guess.

We were also considering all kinds of options for adding gear and gear types that both included choosing gear with customised stats, a blacksmith type character which was similar to another comment made in this thread, as well as new and fun options for increasing random 2 and 3 stat items via other methods.

I do find it concerning that eveyone seems to think OW was almost perfect and want to maintain the status quo (apart from a multitude of tiny 'make the game easier' requests), learly that wasnt the case else it would have grown like many of us wanted originally.

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems

Post by Bloodknight » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:07 am

Dealer wrote:
Timber wrote:We could keep the higher + drops, welds, increase stone strength and drops, just to name a few.

Myself Im concerned about the concept that Im not allowed to just play 1 character and chill with that one, but that I have to keep making 4-5 characters just to be able to play 1 efficiently
I agree it angers me so much how NW required you to have 5-10 characters just to have 1 geared nicely. You SHOULD be able to play 1 character and do what you like.
NO to equipment needing repair and NO to a million stones!
People posting obvious lies and bullshit does get pretty tiresome tbh :p

how many welds do you need in OW for a full set? how many orb runners? in OW people had multiple accts just for orb runners

Reality it is/was easier to play 1 alt in NW than it is in OW? In NW you quite literally could do it all with 1 character, I proved that on multiple occasions :)

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:54 am

The difference between OW & NW is that in OW once your orbers were done, you were done. Just had to wait for respawns and making orbers aint hard with iac

in NW you gotta keep penting with 3 penters until you had a decent tri set which took ages since ppl had to team up (4acc per person) to get 1 full tri set...

As for you doing it all with one char? yea it's doable but it would take you ages just to get a dual set, and an eternity to get a full tris one, not to mention you have to mine for repairs in between. I doubt that you actually did exactly this to lvl120... liar liar pants on fire?

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:55 am

You could definitely have 1 character but you'd get everything at a much more inefficient rate compared to players who had penters and miners, plus in general creating gear in NW was at a snails pace. I mean do you take everything out of context?

All I'm saying is adding this to Ugaris would not help the situation. And to fix orbs being a issue there has already been discussion about increasing orb stands but making them soulbound as to not altar the economy negatively.

:obscene-smokingpimp:
Last edited by Dealer on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems

Post by Bloodknight » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:23 am

dont recall seeing those discussions, but it is an entertaining solution, especially since it could be applied to multiple levels starting at level 10 or so, in reality i'd probably like to see a reduction in 30 and 40 orbs in favour of a more balanced approach across all levels. This would also allow new orbstands to be added occasionally as new content is added.

and Fred, just because you aren't good enough or smart enough to do it doesn't mean other cant or don't :p

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:55 am

Bloodknight, I don't know about others but I've certainly been on the side of balance and maintaining reasonability: no easy ways through. But repairing gear is utter garbage, completely stupid in every respect.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:01 am

Bloodknight wrote:dont recall seeing those discussions, but it is an entertaining solution, especially since it could be applied to multiple levels starting at level 10 or so, in reality i'd probably like to see a reduction in 30 and 40 orbs in favour of a more balanced approach across all levels. This would also allow new orbstands to be added occasionally as new content is added.

and Fred, just because you aren't good enough or smart enough to do it doesn't mean other cant or don't :p
I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying that the time investment would be so huge that you probably did use a secondary alt or help to grind orbs / gear / su, therefor you did not do it with just 1 char

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems

Post by Bloodknight » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:29 pm

you do realise that the game is a multi player right?

different chars with different proffs

different chars with different likes and dislikes.

Suffice to say that you are wrong, period.

platinum
Freelance Dragonkiller
Ingame name:: Platinum
Clan: Elysium

Post by platinum » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:42 pm

Exekiel wrote:But repairing gear is utter garbage, completely stupid in every respect.
100% agree. it seems to me that Bloodknight is trying to make the game harder, and less fun.
The Team, The Team, The Team. -Bo Schembechler

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:52 pm

At the later stages of NW, leveling and gearing up your own alt was possible. If the game was tweaked correctly from the start in terms of stones and SU, you would have been able to start from level 1, and hit level 100 and have decent gear all along. If you wanted a perfect, full statted set, of course you would need more than one, but to have decent gear, not at all.

In OW this is completely impossible. Every character has 10 welds, which can give you a total of 10 dual stat items, or 5 tri stat items. And if you use some of those welds early on, they are more or less wasted, as when you hit level 80, a +9 LMI item is fairly bad.

I'm not saying we should add SU, repair costs, all drops be +1 and make the welds be the same was as NW. I'm saying there is a way to make both the systems work together, so people can actually level from 1-100, on one character, and have decent gear all along. Not full +20 set by level 63, but at least maybe +15 dual and triples.

Right now, if you want a full +20 set, you need 22 welds, or 3 characters above level 80ish. If you want a +9 set, you need a lot more characters, as you only get 3 welds for characters that typically wears +9. But thats fine, if you want a full set, its either cause you want spawners, or because you level a lot of orb runners.

For the casual player who wants to log on for 1 hour a day and pent for a bit and chill, leveling 40 characters just so he can enjoy playing brings too much of the NW grindiness, having to mine for SU for 1 hour per hour pented, having to pent 4 characters at the same time, and do shroom runs on 5 characters just so he can actually pent that one char.