LQ Changes

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Class: Arch-Seyan
Clan: Poison

Re: LQ Changes

Post by Exekiel » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:35 pm

brownie points suck for military exp. The rate is so exponential you would have to have insane numbers of brownie points to get any serious bonus there.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:42 pm

I don't see people doing a LQ if it doesn't give you anything worthwhile doing, just look @ swamp circle, carlos dragon, it's too much effort for little reward, making LQ give nothing might cause them to bleed out
staffers have to put time & effort into making them aswell, which they won't want to do if no1 shows up for them

Ryff
Freelance Dragonkiller

Post by Ryff » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Spot on fred

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:03 am

I think it should be rewarding, but long term balanced. If quest gaps are filled in, that means moving away from exp. Maybe negs only +BP or something. I don't know. Quest exp could also be just across the board increased.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight

Post by Bloodknight » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:45 am

i have only seen one LQ so far and it has already shown my expectations of vast quantities of piss easy free experience, i saw more than one player level more than once for less than 30 minutes of risk free experience, so yes i agree that if something in the game doesnt give enough experience then players dont use it, so lets keep LQs the way they are and rip out all the content :)

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:00 am

There was one Lq where the staffer gave too much exp, which was a problem but is now fixed. There was a LQ today and I got around 60% of a lvl
Yes it alot of exp for 30mins, but it's fun and it's not done daily, I also pented for 6-7hours today and I didn't even get that much exp, so it's a nice compensation for me at least since penting is extremely slow =/

Eddow
Site Admin
Ingame name:: Eddow
Class: Arch-Warrior
Clan: Elysium

Post by Eddow » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:48 am

Fred wrote:
Exekiel wrote:LQ exp isn't balanced, it pushes people ahead in the game a ton. The problem is that the lack of quests at many levels means you need exp or have to spend days on end penting. I'd say don't touch LQs until cam, cam forest, swamps, exk forest, exk, brann forest are all fixed with a ton of new quests and exp opportunities so that penting/rds are totally optional.

Once that is true, then change LQ exp to brownie points, because it is essentially cheating to get leveled from it. Plus, then spawner alts can have fun in LQs too

If /noexp is implemented, spawner alts can join in LQ too
I wouldn't change LQ into brownie points because then you just made LQ an easy way for Mil Exp. Having it as experience is what makes LQ fun, it can be annoying to miss them and I've already asked for more european friendly LQ times and once other staffers know how to make them there will be more (and hopefully nicely spread during the week).
if? It already is.

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight

Post by Bloodknight » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:04 am

which TBH is just another good reason why alternative rewards should be considered imo :p

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:57 am

Eddow wrote:
Fred wrote:
Exekiel wrote:LQ exp isn't balanced, it pushes people ahead in the game a ton. The problem is that the lack of quests at many levels means you need exp or have to spend days on end penting. I'd say don't touch LQs until cam, cam forest, swamps, exk forest, exk, brann forest are all fixed with a ton of new quests and exp opportunities so that penting/rds are totally optional.

Once that is true, then change LQ exp to brownie points, because it is essentially cheating to get leveled from it. Plus, then spawner alts can have fun in LQs too

If /noexp is implemented, spawner alts can join in LQ too
I wouldn't change LQ into brownie points because then you just made LQ an easy way for Mil Exp. Having it as experience is what makes LQ fun, it can be annoying to miss them and I've already asked for more european friendly LQ times and once other staffers know how to make them there will be more (and hopefully nicely spread during the week).
if? It already is.
Not according to your change log, says no exp command is only on test server (http://ugaris.com/changelog.php)

Eddow
Site Admin
Ingame name:: Eddow
Class: Arch-Warrior
Clan: Elysium

Post by Eddow » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Yet it is already implemented. Enjoy