LQ Changes

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Seyan

LQ Changes

Post by Bloodknight » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:50 pm

LQ Exp should be replaced by something less directly unfair, imo either a new system should be found that is similar to brownie points just for LQs or even just bypass that and give out actual real brownie points.

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Re: LQ Changes

Post by Timber » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:53 pm

What about a jewel or some sort, that you can trade in for a single stat item of your choice?

The further you progress, the more jewels, thus giving you a higher statted item?

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Timber wrote:What about a jewel or some sort, that you can trade in for a single stat item of your choice?

The further you progress, the more jewels, thus giving you a higher statted item?
I don't know about that. I mean LQ's are going to be a fairly frequent thing. This would be a much easier way to get gear than even orb runs.
If we are trying to make sets easier to make in-game we should start with adding more orb stands and perhaps making some of them "soul-bound" to avoid the economy getting altered negatively.

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:44 am

I think the issue with LQs has always been that the game has a lot of holes in leveling that make it hard to progress, so people demand LQs to get through those gaps. Talks of removing them or adding more of them revolve around people getting angry because somebody gets screwed. In all honesty, it would be fine to see them reduced to just brownie points, if there was enough quest content and repeatable quests to fill the gaps.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

platinum
Freelance Dragonkiller
Ingame name:: Platinum
Clan: Elysium

Post by platinum » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Bloodknight wrote:LQ Exp should be replaced by something less directly unfair
:violence-smack:
The Team, The Team, The Team. -Bo Schembechler

Zak
Demonslayer
Class: Mage

Post by Zak » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:05 am

How is lq exp unfair

Ryff
Freelance Dragonkiller

Post by Ryff » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:39 am

I agree with Zack how isLQ Exp unfair when everybody has the same opportunity and the same chance to gain the same exact amount of the Exp

Ryff
Freelance Dragonkiller

Post by Ryff » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:42 am

Lq exp isnt based on a number of exp points, it is based on a percentage. If for example exp reward is 60% of a lvl then everyone who participates and atleast hits an npc will receive 60% of a lvl

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:20 am

LQ exp isn't balanced, it pushes people ahead in the game a ton. The problem is that the lack of quests at many levels means you need exp or have to spend days on end penting. I'd say don't touch LQs until cam, cam forest, swamps, exk forest, exk, brann forest are all fixed with a ton of new quests and exp opportunities so that penting/rds are totally optional.

Once that is true, then change LQ exp to brownie points, because it is essentially cheating to get leveled from it. Plus, then spawner alts can have fun in LQs too
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:27 am

Exekiel wrote:LQ exp isn't balanced, it pushes people ahead in the game a ton. The problem is that the lack of quests at many levels means you need exp or have to spend days on end penting. I'd say don't touch LQs until cam, cam forest, swamps, exk forest, exk, brann forest are all fixed with a ton of new quests and exp opportunities so that penting/rds are totally optional.

Once that is true, then change LQ exp to brownie points, because it is essentially cheating to get leveled from it. Plus, then spawner alts can have fun in LQs too
If /noexp is implemented, spawner alts can join in LQ too
I wouldn't change LQ into brownie points because then you just made LQ an easy way for Mil Exp. Having it as experience is what makes LQ fun, it can be annoying to miss them and I've already asked for more european friendly LQ times and once other staffers know how to make them there will be more (and hopefully nicely spread during the week).