Pent introduction

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Class: Arch-Seyan
Clan: Poison

Pent introduction

Post by Exekiel » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:26 pm

How about having a lvl 5-10 demon at the beginning of 7/8 pents in the corner who whispers to new characters, tells them about the pents, how they work, what they do, maybe sells torches or something. It seems pents needs an introduction, perhaps some NPC like Samuel gives a hint about checking them out or something, I mean, he is military and that would make sense.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Eddow
Site Admin
Ingame name:: Eddow
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Warrior
Clan: Elysium

Re: Pent introduction

Post by Eddow » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:39 pm

I like this idea.. and you are right. Pents are a bit "what the heck is this" for new players. Something that introduces the pentagrams would be nice. I'm thinking a questmob in lower level pents, to introduce it with a quest.. hmm...

Ryff
Freelance Dragonkiller

Post by Ryff » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Pent quests would get me penting more :)

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:29 pm

We could do a lot of cool stuff with this idea. I like it.

Exekiel
Demonslayer

Post by Exekiel » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:43 am

I haven't been to teuf before so I can't really say much on it, but I can say that it would be cool if a low level demon that was like struggling with poverty/didn't like his mission in the 7/8 entrance introduced you to the storyline of penting, the story of teuf, the whole roundabout system going on there. You know?

platinum
Freelance Dragonkiller
Ingame name:: Platinum
Clan: Elysium

Post by platinum » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:22 pm

I would like to see more pentagrams added to each section. would make missions faster, more exp, more drops, and i'm assuming it would be easy to implement? if not that idea, i would like a new profession called "penter, or pent warrior". whereas the more pps added, the more exp each pentagram yields, and similar to a clan warrior, a "penter/pent warrior" would get a stat increase in pents. so a master penter/pent warrior" would enjoy penting, not dread it. clearly the stat bonus would be disabled in pent spawns.
:character-beavisbutthead:
Last edited by platinum on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Team, The Team, The Team. -Bo Schembechler

Bloodknight
Has killed many golems
Ingame name:: bloodknight

Post by Bloodknight » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:50 pm

A pent warrior bonus that gave 50% ish of what LW/DW does but 100% of the time while in pents was discussed ages ago, ive always been for that kind of profession.

I am however pretty much against any kind of profession or anything that gives extra direct exp

Mastertrader
Fought the Demons

Post by Mastertrader » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 pm

Than Miners should also get anything extra to make it fair :)

Exekiel
Demonslayer

Post by Exekiel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Miners get extra SU, lower exp cost of mining! I mean, you could add a very, very small exp bonus to each mined stack too, but that seems weird.

I like the idea of a pent warrior, spawns are already on a different map so no extra work to prevent the bonus from carrying over (although it would add another dimension to spawn fights, being only like 1/3rd of the spawners).

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:12 pm

platinum wrote:I would like to see more pentagrams added to each section. would make missions faster, more exp, more drops, and i'm assuming it would be easy to implement? if not that idea, i would like a new profession called "penter, or pent warrior". whereas the more pps added, the more exp each pentagram yields, and similar to a clan warrior, a "penter/pent warrior" would get a stat increase in pents. so a master penter/pent warrior" would enjoy penting, not dread it. clearly the stat bonus would be disabled in pent spawns.
All of this is no problem to add. Not sure if its something we want to do though.

Pent warrior profession is certainly something we could consider though, I like that idea. New professions is generally something I always think is good to consider.