Item curency.

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Durijin
Ventured in to aston

Item curency.

Post by Durijin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 am

I was thinking about a new sort of currency optained by doing a few things.

1. If you turn in item drops you could earn item points.
2. If you turn in stones you could earn item points.
3. You could get a mission that earns item points. Kill demons, turn in X items and so on.

The idea is to use the item points to buy new equipment sort of the way you do it with Ruby but with more options.

Ryff
Freelance Dragonkiller
Sex: Male

Re: Item curency.

Post by Ryff » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Sounds interesting. Although i think maybe using chip.s that are used in teufelheim. And shop npc that only accepts them as payment. Drop rate for them in pents is so low that it shouldn't upset the balance by allowing then as rewards as well

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Class: Arch-Seyan
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:57 pm

I like ryffs version there, quality. Course, that might mean a number of 12 hour penting sessions to get some kind of gear, but hey.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Freya
Class: Mage
Clan: Elysium

Post by Freya » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:02 pm

I like this idea, it means you have to make a decision, whether to gamble on possibly good items, or buy less exceptional items with no risk.
Human Relations Manager

Durijin
Ventured in to aston

Post by Durijin » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:40 am

I was also thinking about the sewer items.

They could be amde into a rather interesting thing besides 3 items today.

Say you could turn in the rings to an NPC and he would transform them into something else. Boots - Cape or something along that line. But it would then take the two stats and combine them. It could be an option to do some sort of small quest before to optain an item or something.

Was thinking that turning in an item would retain 75% of its power and transfer it to the new item. Meaning if you hand in the Attack and Parry +6 rings you would end up getting an Attack/Parry +4 item.

Same goes for the Amulet+Ring.

The 3 items you get from this could then Again be turned in but only if you have all 3 at the same time.
Again with a 75% turnover so that you would end up getting a single tristat item from sewers.

That would mean that in order to get a full sewer set you would need to find 3 of each type. Meaning it would take at least 9 days to optain and most likely more..

Anyways just throwing ideas..

Freya
Advanced Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Freya
Class: Mage
Clan: Elysium

Post by Freya » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Your ideas are creative, keep them coming.
Human Relations Manager