Alternate play styles

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Class: Arch-Seyan
Clan: Poison

Alternate play styles

Post by Exekiel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:33 pm

So I was thinking about the characters and worries about some characters having too much advantage. I had a thought: what if there was more variety in character builds, so that none of them had an excessive advantage against any other?

Maybe doing something like adding damage to freeze to make it a third option besides fire and lf instead of a junk add on spell, maybe adding a 4th option there.

I'm having trouble thinking of something, but coming up with an alternate way for a warrior to be raised would be cool. Maybe adding like "hatchet" or "axe" or another weapon style and creating some substantial difference between the two, maybe finding a way to separate tank and damage players in the warr class.

Maybe a 4th class, with an entirely different playstyle (Holy priest? exclusive thief (poison, dagger, high stealth)? Dwarf?)? I'm kinda just spitballing hear ways to make the game more balanced and give it more variety at high levels where people are complaining.

Also, a bit more variety in char sprites would probably attract more players. People these days can't get enough customization, but that is a lot of work.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Re: Alternate play styles

Post by Fred » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Yea perhaps freeze could do some dmg over time while the freeze lasts...

As for making new classes, just don't, it's hard enough to balance 3

Exekiel
Demonslayer

Post by Exekiel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:55 pm

I was thinking the same, I'd have to have a pwner class. I would like to see warr/mage have more paths to raise them that are balanced yet different.

Freeze could do half the damage of LF and last twice as long, kind of the opposite of fire, fire could do more damage to help balance it once dur becomes involved (or have a burning after-effect that does low damage dictated by dur, the code for it already exists in vamps).

It might already be possible to make a tank Warr, a Damage Warr, I'm not sure. I'd have to build a test character (but it sounds risky/time consuming for little reward).

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:59 pm

I've said this before: Give fire a dmg buff from dur

Masy
Ventured in to aston

Post by Masy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:09 pm

The problem with adding classes is that it will take a long time to develop it. Time, money, resources. To create a new class, it must be in unison with the other three classes; and if that happens, the other classes will be buffed and/or nerfed.

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:24 pm

I think freeze doing some damage is a valid idea, it is however very hard to balance. LF/Frz spawners are already very strong, adding damage to freeze will make it too strong.

Fire should not get a duration bonus, its damage is already very good. The problem with fire is just the range.

Exekiel
Demonslayer

Post by Exekiel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:07 pm

The point there is that freeze damage is low and takes much longer, but yea, I do worry about the LF/Frz combo. There has to be a way to limit it. Maybe turn freeze into something like lf that goes around the character for twice the time lf does, at half the damage, freezing things around it, and increase its mana cost to be in line with lf. Like a "freeze aura"

Maybe a "poison" skill that does small damage over time for dagger using warriors, enough to make it an attractive option but have it require gathering certain poison plants to use, and have the poison stack very high in inv.

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:15 pm

This entire thread I feel like I'm on the development team forums for World of Warcraft.

Also if fire is to get a damage buff then freeze definitely would have to get a buff in order to be equal which it barely, if at all, is now. Especially since one could say currently, in dps terms, lf/fire is dominant compared to lf/frz.

And how would this stack up against warriors and seyans? Then they would need tinkering with as well.

Sealav
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Sealav

Post by Sealav » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:38 am

What about instead of new classes split the current ones so u can chose before u start if ur going to be lf fire or ice and just make different spells that would go to the classes and for war make 2 classes one that does a slight bit more dmg and the other that can take a bit more dmg

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:47 am

Sealav wrote:What about instead of new classes split the current ones so u can chose before u start if ur going to be lf fire or ice and just make different spells that would go to the classes and for war make 2 classes one that does a slight bit more dmg and the other that can take a bit more dmg
If there is to be a dps/tank build for a warrior then what aspects of the game is a tank-build going to be better than a dps?

I can imagine in pvp it would be sweet but would require a team healer.