Clan suggestions

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Sex: Male
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Re: Clan suggestions

Post by Fred » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Timber wrote:Learning does 2 great things in my opinion. It increases the speed of which you can create spawn alts, and also makes it easier, since you get further in levels with the same quests.

It also creates competition in spawns, which is always good. More people spawning means its more fun.
Or just /set level Timber 200

platinum
Freelance Dragonkiller
Ingame name:: Platinum
Class: Arch-Seyan
Clan: Elysium

Post by platinum » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Fred wrote:Or just /set level Timber 200
i like this.
The Team, The Team, The Team. -Bo Schembechler

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:15 pm

Genius and Thomas spent what, 3-4 years to hit level 200? Increasing exp by 30% would reduce that to 2-3 years. Still not the same as /setlevel 200

Tyce
Fought the Demons
Ingame name:: Tyce
Class: Mage

Post by Tyce » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:00 pm

This Fred guy and his responses are highly annoying.

I agree with everything Timber has said in his last couple posts

platinum
Freelance Dragonkiller
Ingame name:: Platinum
Clan: Elysium

Post by platinum » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Tyce wrote:I agree with everything Timber has said in his last couple posts
agreed.
The Team, The Team, The Team. -Bo Schembechler

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Tyce wrote:This Fred guy and his responses are highly annoying.

I agree with everything Timber has said in his last couple posts
It's an inside joke, Thanks for pointing it out thou, I hope someone else now gets it too :)

As for being annoying, why do you all want the game to be faster? Spawners should be thought out, not "try & repeat whenever you failed"

That's the fun of making spawners, knowing your spawner won't get beaten in less than a day cause someone made a new one with learning...

Fred
Demonslayer

Post by Fred » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:51 pm

Timber wrote:Genius and Thomas spent what, 3-4 years to hit level 200? Increasing exp by 30% would reduce that to 2-3 years. Still not the same as /setlevel 200
yea do you know why it took them that long? half of the game wasnt out back then, no brann, no arkata, no minoa, no hellpentss, and plenty.of other things that didnt exist yet, and once they did, akirana got to 160 in less than 4 months without learning crap! only reason why our server is still with low lvls is cause we have 0 nolifers and items dont drop at the rate of potions in pents. I seriously dont get this "make the game easier so i dont have to do anything"
its the same crap other mmos have to deal with: ppl want everything easy, no challenge and at the slightest amount of effort requirement they whine.
im not saying the game is perfect cause ive sugestted alot of things myself, but none of them are increasing exp gained or items gained

Zak
Demonslayer
Class: Mage

Post by Zak » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:28 am

The problem with learning is you get the clan with the most cjs "renting" it out to people for money, which in turn increases their cjs (special in a non auto deposit world). It only serves to perpetuate itself and you end up with one or two clans dominating over the rest.

Exekiel
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Evivy
Sex: Female
Clan: Poison

Post by Exekiel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:12 am

Yea I don't like the idea of rapid leveling myself. More quests, more repeatable quests, more penting (maybe ever so slightly faster, I mean, nobody wants to spend 12 hours at a time in pents for a third of a level when you need to get through like 6 levels to get to the next quest grouping).

With gear so hard to get, I can see wanting massively rapid leveling, because creating 20-40 characters to build a solid set of gear and getting them all up to level 50-60 without gear so that you can truly and fully do orb runs monthly, use many weld shrines, etc in order to make just 1 simple full set, that is a year long endeavor without learning (which I never saw in action before, first time I'm hearing of it). I'm fine with tough character building, but impossible gear crafting is what bothers me.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:23 am

I agree with all the points against learning, I still feel people who spawn should have a way to level faster.

Spawner people do not actually want to spend much time leveling, but they want to spend time spawning. This doesnt mean that spawners should be able to /setlevel 60 or whatever, but if you make leveling to 60 take 2 months, it will be too long. It will also reduce the amount of people in spawns, which is a bad thing.

Anything we can do to make more people spawn is a good thing. But there has to be a balance, if people spend some weeks making a spawner, they will at least play the game and be active for a few weeks, instead of just hopping on to spawn.