Changes from Valadez

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Sealav
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Sealav
Sex: Male
Class: Arch-Seyan

Re: Changes from Valadez

Post by Sealav » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Fred wrote:
Dealer wrote:
Timber wrote:LW/DW in spawns take skill and build out of the equation, and just adds randomness.

Should never have been enabled in spawns to begin with. A better solution would be to not have it work with LW/DW though in spawns, as people leveling can attend spawn with DW/LW bonuses and still be okay.
Kind of difficult understanding what you mean there. So your saying for players that have LW/DW as a profession the bonuses they have will not be enabled during spawns? Thus, enabling players without DW/LW to spawn w/ out a disadvantage?
This is exactly why i'm having mixed feelings, you spent 30 prof points that could've been used elsewhere :)

Perhaps a good alternative would be to make the impact of LW/DW less strong in spawner areas? Like it only provides 50% of the buff instead of 100%
back to what you said tho not everyone has athlete so that would give unfair advantage to those who don't get it

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Then they can get it. You cant get LW if you got DW.

By that logic, freeze is an unfair advantage to those who dont have imm. Also, athlete doesn't give you such a huge advantage in spawns.

Zak
Demonslayer
Class: Mage

Post by Zak » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:00 pm

I don't see the randomness. Make 2 spawn chars for each spawn, one is lw the other is dw. boom randomness gone. or just raise something other than lw/dw.

personally i don't even consider this to be an issue. the game is supposed to be about customisation and choices

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:47 pm

I agree with you Zak. I mean every single thing can't be tinkered in this supposedly "equal" way.

All customization options in the professions and builds each have their own benefits and of course their own sacrifices. Example:
Picked LW? Well then you will have slight stat disadvantage if you spawn at night against a DW.
Picked DW? Well then you will have slight stat disadvantage if you spawn at day against a LW.

Valadez
Has killed many golems
Class: Arch-Mage

Post by Valadez » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:25 am

The idea behind it is that all players are at their best regardless of time. If all players are at their peak all the time then it would hopefully lead to more frequent interesting fights rather than some fights going one way because it's daytime and others going the other way because it's night time. Light Warrior and Dark Warrior are very different to other "customization options" in this regard.
It would mean all fights would be purely down to builds, teamwork and planning rather than having the time of day being a potentially primary factor.

Zak
Demonslayer
Class: Mage

Post by Zak » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:38 am

again though, there is no disadvantage, only choice. if you dont want disadvantage then choose to make an lw and a dw for each spawn, or just raise cw and use the other pps on better things.

Eddow
Site Admin
Ingame name:: Eddow
Class: Arch-Warrior
Clan: Elysium

Post by Eddow » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:00 am

Zak wrote:again though, there is no disadvantage, only choice. if you dont want disadvantage then choose to make an lw and a dw for each spawn, or just raise cw and use the other pps on better things.
I think I must agree with zak, It is a choice. And it will "push" people to make two spawners for each, LW and DW, instead of a single spawner. Those with more skill will have both =)

Timber
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Timber

Post by Timber » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Dealer wrote:I agree with you Zak. I mean every single thing can't be tinkered in this supposedly "equal" way.

All customization options in the professions and builds each have their own benefits and of course their own sacrifices. Example:
Picked LW? Well then you will have slight stat disadvantage if you spawn at night against a DW.
Picked DW? Well then you will have slight stat disadvantage if you spawn at day against a LW.
It's not a slight advantage though. It's 18 mods, its pretty damn huge. If you freeze someone with LW at LW time down to 0, this means you'll freeze him to -198 at DW time. That's a pretty huge difference. Its also a difference of 54 in off/def. If a LW TAP barely touches a lf/ms at DW, he will absolutely stomp him at LW.

Sacrificing imm for more ms, or sacrificing ms for imm, is a choice. You lose something, to gain something else. You choose to rather deal with melee better than spells, or vice versa. Getting LW or DW isnt a choice, its a gamble. You hope that you're mostly on for DW spawns or LW spawns. You also dont really sacrifice too much for it, and not getting it will make you gimped at both times.

Also, making 2 alts of every type for every spawn isnt about skill, its about time. Lets say the best spawner in the world makes a superb spawn alt. Say lf/imm with enough imm to not get stunned by any WC, not frozen solid, enough MS to not get touched by immers and enough lf to destroy TAPs. Basically a spawn alt that is so good its actually not realistically possible to exist. But he's LW, and in DW time, that immer who he just laughs at usually, will actually chop away at him. WC will stun him, he'll get frozen solid. Not because the alt is bad, not because he raised it bad, but because he doesn't have the correct profession for the time.

The only other choice he could have made, wouldnt have changed the scenario. He would still get raped at the other time of his profession.

Saying he can just make another alt is ridiculous. Maybe he doesnt have time to create 200 spawn alts. Skill should never be about time or luck.

platinum
Freelance Dragonkiller
Ingame name:: Platinum
Clan: Elysium

Post by platinum » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:06 pm

Timber wrote:Saying he can just make another alt is ridiculous
agreed. i work a full time job. hard enough to level up the main alt and 1 spawner for each spawn. let alone double the spawn alts. also, who has the time to make 2 sets of gear for each spawn?
The Team, The Team, The Team. -Bo Schembechler

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:31 pm

platinum wrote:
Timber wrote:Saying he can just make another alt is ridiculous
agreed. i work a full time job. hard enough to level up the main alt and 1 spawner for each spawn. let alone double the spawn alts. also, who has the time to make 2 sets of gear for each spawn?
You wouldn't need 2 gear sets, just trade it to whatever alt has the DW/LW for the spawn time :)
But I agree, who has time to just level 2 alts for each spawn above 20 =/