Changes from Valadez

Ideas and suggestions for improvement of existing content or further game development go here.
Zak
Demonslayer
Sex: Male
Class: Mage

Re: Changes from Valadez

Post by Zak » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:45 am

Eddow wrote: I think I must agree with zak, It is a choice. And it will "push" people to make two spawners for each, LW and DW, instead of a single spawner. Those with more skill will have both =)
^^^ just saying :)

saying that lw/dw give an unfair advantage is like saying potions give an unfair advantage. you dont have time to raise 2 alts (lw/dw), so what about the person who doesnt have time to farm gold to fully pot their alts? does that mean that alts with full pots have an "unfair advantage"? the player could easily farm gold and fully pot. that is called a decision. the decision to spend more time in game to increase your chances of winning. imho its exactly the same with lw/dw. an unfair advantage would be having something that is only available to certain people. this is not the case with lw/dw as both are fully available to everybody. you cant fault others for your lack of playtime :>
P.S. in some countries, refering to somebody in the third person is considered rude. Just saying.

Dealer
Demonslayer

Post by Dealer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:51 am

I agree with Zak 150%.

Zak
Demonslayer
Class: Mage

Post by Zak » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:27 am

just create another proff that gives the bonus all day but at a much higher pps cost :> or allow cross training between lw/dw, but only upto a max of 42 pps between the two, so you cant master both. rather than removing something to make things more even i would personally much rather see the addition of content. more choices, more decisions, more characterization!

Fred
Demonslayer
Ingame name:: Fred
Class: Seyan
Clan: The Prime Evils

Post by Fred » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Can we please change the red scroll quest already:
The Lost Secrets quest is a quest that has frustrated me in the past due to bad luck and I know it has many others. I once spent 1 1/2 hours trying to do the quest.
The Red Scroll has a 1/35 chance to be given from the pool. I've made a change to the code that guarantees a Red Scroll on the 35th Grey Scroll you drop into the pool. I've kept the 1/35 in so it's still possible to get lucky and get one early.

Change the following files:

http://files.astonia.com/arkhata.c
http://files.astonia.com/arkhata.h
Been trying to get it for hours now, it's not the same as getting a golden skull to get a weapon, it's just a quest item for experience...

Edit: after >2 hours of farming these scrolls I finaly got a red one...